2017 Orange County Marathon Relay
The Marathon Relay is a part of the Lexus LaceUp Running Series Orange County kick-off celebration. The Sept. 9, 2017 event will also include 10k, 5k and Kids Run racing opportunities. Grab your best running friends and register for the Marathon Relay today!
When: September 9, 2017—7:45 a.m.
Where: 20 Lake Road, Irvine CA 92604
The Irvine Marathon Relay will begin and finish from the Mike Ward Community Park in Irvine, CA. The fast and flat running path winds through the vast open space under massive trees and sunny views.
Rules and Important Things to Know:
- Each team member runs or walks a 5.24 mile course, starting and finishing at the Health and Fitness Expo.
- Every team member runs the same course.
- Teams can have 2-5 people. Mixed teams need to have at least two runners of each gender.
- There will be a designated team area for teams to set up tents, chairs, blankets, etc. Teams will be allowed to bring vehicles into this area.
- Teams are able to bring their own food, snacks, etc.
- No alcohol allowed in the team area.
- Runners will qualify for the LaceUp Challenge.
Each participant receives:
- Sierra Nevada beer coupon
- Food truck brunch
- Tech tee
- Re-useable race bag
- High-quality finisher’s medal
- Chip timing
- Mixed Division Cash Prizes: 1st- $500, 2nd- $350, 3rd- $150
- Corporate Division Fundraising Grants*: 1st- $1000, 2nd- $700, 3rd- $300
*Donations to be made to corporate team’s non-profits of choice.
- Men’s team (1st-3rd)
- Women’s team (1st-3rd)
- Mixed team (1st-3rd)
- Corporate team (1st-3rd)
- Best team costume (1st)
- Best team tent (1st)
Irvine Marathon Relay Pricing:
| Jan 4 – Feb 28
|| March 1 – May 31
|| June 1- July 26
|| July 27 – Sept 8
For race day details and other races offered, click HERE.